Apple is holding its long-awaited ’Let’s talk iPhone’ event on October 4, and demand for the iPhone 5 is huge in advance of its release.
According to a recent InMobi consumer smartphone survey, 41% of current mobile users in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada plan to buy an iPhone 5—potentially making it the most successful launch from Apple to date.
So affiliates will want to start promoting those iPhone accessories and CPA offers quickly.
Another good option for affiliates in the business opportunities market is iPhone application development training programs, such as How To Create iPhone Apps With No Programming Experience.
Of course, October isn’t just about iPhones. There are a whole slew of holidays and events during the month, of which the most popular include:
- 7th – Yom Kippur
- 10th – Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October)
- 10th – Canadian Thanksgiving Day (2nd Monday in October)
- 31st – Halloween
Here is a list of other events to celebrate in October.
- 1st – Homemade Cookies Day
- 1st – World Vegetarian Day
- 1st – World Card Making Day (1st Saturday in October)
- 3rd – Child Health Day (1st Mpnday) Monday in October.
- 4th – National Golf Day
- 5th – World Teacher Day
- 9th – Leif Ericson Day
- 9th – Moldy Cheese Day
- 10th – Indigenous People’s Day (2nd Monday in October)
- 12th – Farmer’s Day
- 15th – National Grouch Day
- 15th – National Poetry Day
- 15th – Sweetest Day
- 16th – Boss’s Day
- 16th – World Food Day
- 17th – Black Poetry Day
- 18th – Alaska Day (Territory transferred in 1867.
- 22nd – National Nut Day
- 23rd – Mother-in-Law’s Day (4th Sunday in October)
- 24th – National Bologna Day
- 24th – United Nations Day
- 25th – National Denim Day
- 28th – Plush Animal Lover’s Day
Month Long Observances
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Computer Learning Month
- Energy Awareness Month
- Family History Month
- National Clock Month
- National Dessert Month
- National Pizza Month
- National Popcorn Popping Month
- National Roller Skating Month
- National Stamp Collecting Month
- Polish American History Month
- National Apple Month
- Adopt-a-Shelter-Animal Month
This is a GREAT time of year for affiliates in the genealogy space with it being Family History month. Share ways to celebrate this month-long event with your subscribers and promote the heck out of Archives.com and other genealogy sites.
Food bloggers can concentrate on apple and nut recipes, while animal lovers can celebrate Adopt a Shelter Animal month— by promoting plush animals to those who can’t.
Last, but not least of course, there’s Halloween which is the ultimate time to dress up your pet and promote costumes for dogs and cats as well as those treat-seeking little munchkins.
Shown here is Jasper, my chocolate Labrador wearing my “Bat-hat”. He will have to get cape to complete the ensemble.
So how are you celebrating October on your affiliate site?