How to Find Your Feedburner ID

Your WordPress theme or a plugin may ask you for your Feedburner ID.

The ID used to be a numeric sequence but since Google’s acquisition of Feedburner, the ID is now the same name that is appended to your Feedburner URL, i.e. http://feeds.feedburner.com/affiliateblogs.

The easiest way to find your ID is to visit your feed from within the Feeburner interface. Simply click the feed icon as shown circled in red in the screenshot below.

That will open the Feed Content page in your web browser.

Now look in the address bar at the top and you will see your Feedburner ID appended to the URL.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Feedburner is a great service, but it is NOT the best for building a subscriber list. To really do business online, you must build a list using an autoresponder service. To learn more about autoresponders and how they work, please see the following articles:

Comments

Thanks for the tip. You are a great teacher. I started blogging after reading your book (Supper Affiliate Handbook) and some from Joel Comm and John Chow. I have my blog to show for it and I am still tweaking it. I am not making great money at the moment but I see a lot of light in this thing.

Thanks

2. VB says

I just burned a feed, enabled the email subscription and the is no feedburner ID number. Any ideas on how I can get that ID number?

Hi Being Green,

I just tested the new version of Feedburner (Google variety) and it’s basically the same as the original.

Place your feed address in the form blank, hit enter, it gives you options as to what to name your feed (it takes the title of your blog, but you can shorten that if you want) and hit enter again and it gives you the new link.

Don’t know why you’d be getting anything else.

Were you logged into your Google account?

3. Dave Wright says

I have the same issue as Being Green. Following in your instructions within the Google version of Feedburner yields this code:

Enter your email address:Delivered by FeedBurner

I’m not seeing the ID you mention. Any thoughts?

4. Dave Wright says

Hmm, doesn’t look as if I cut and paste the code snippet right. Any way the URL looks like this:

‘http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=PerformanceTrainingTips’

No ID number there unfortunately. I hope you can help as this has been baffling me for weeks.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. Straight to the point and helped me – I’ve been struggling to match up some code that is working on one blog with that on another that isn’t working.

6. Weblogian says

Correction!
    Feedburner URL and Feedburner ID is still a different thing. If you want to get your Feedburner ID, Login to your Feedburner account and click “My feeds” than click the Feed Title. In your Browser URL bar, it will show you your ID.

7. spencer says

How can I make some money with my blog? Can you RSS me some tips?
    Thank you for your time. I dont know my feedburner ID to transfer it over to Google. Can you help me with this?

It was so easy. I believe that I didn’t manage to overcome this, because I was trying to install an old theme and it asked me for the ID. Thank you now I have this problem solved!

9. joehark says

The title says, “How to Find Your Feedburner ID” but that’s not what I see here. I see an explanation of what it is. I would greatly appreciate an explanation that is something on the order of

1) go to xyz
    2) you will see a form “abc”
    3) enter your site URL (or whatever) in this or that field