How to Live and Work Anywhere

Kayaking on Mendenhall Lake (10)Over lunch, a girlfriend recently asked me, “What would you be doing if you could do anything you wanted to do?”

I didn’t have to think at all before answering, “I’m doing it”.

I expanded a little by explaining that I love what I do to help others achieve their dreams and I do that while traveling around the world.

For example, right now I’m in the middle of a 5+ week long cross-country RV camping trip. I’ve met all sorts of new people, visited with family and friends and seen a lot of territory that I hadn’t seen before… even getting caught in a violent thunderstorm in Wyoming. Internet connections throughout the trip have been spotty, and so has my ability to work.

But that doesn’t affect my earnings as my business is set up to run even when I’m on the road and can’t get connected.

While we were staying in Toronto on this trip, I ended up having an hour long conversation with Karol Gadja, who had won a consultation with me through a charity auction. I was delighted that it was Karol (pronounced ‘Carl’) who won the auction as I’d worked with him in the past, but had lost touch with him in recent years.

He’d all but disappeared from the Internet marketing world… and during our talk I found out how and why.

Karol has been traveling far and wide – crafting a guitar in India, learning to cook in Thailand and then trekking in New Zealand. For the next 4 months he’s staying in Poland to visit family and work on his next online project.

I particularly enjoyed hearing about Karol’s disappearance from the IM guru ‘promote anything and everything’ scene to make oodles of money to a place where he’s happily doing exactly what he wants and making as much money as he wants, when he wants.

Seems like a strange concept, but it works.

Karol has just written a book called How to Live Anywhere about how to make this lifestyle work — from the perspective of being able to live and travel anywhere while making money.

I could (and probably should) have written this book, but I didn’t. And I like that Karol’s travel perspective includes information on how to fly for free and how to get executive class tickets for free. He covers a lot of ground on how to save money while you’re making it… something that I’m still in the process of learning. :-)

In the “Money Module“, Karol offers a number of different ways to make money online without compromising your values (selling your soul to make a buck) with affiliate marketing and information product production. He also includes a detailed case study of how he made $1,542.24 profit in 24 Hours with an affiliate promotion.

If you want to combine travel, work and really living life to the fullest, then I highly recommend you pick up Karol’s “How to Live Anywhere” book.

By the way, Karol and I wanted to do a webinar for you this week, but because I’m traveling and can’t guarantee an Internet connection where I’ll be camping (because I never know where I’ll be next), we’ll do that once I’m back in B.C. near the end of June.  :-)

Comments

Nice post. In new Zealand, they have what they call holidaymaker’s visa where
    a tourist can work while on holiday, such as apple picking during the month of January to May.

I wish i can do the same too, right now I’m researching on how to do internet marketing too, I think i’ll start with Karol’s book.

Very inspirational. I am slowly getting to the point where I finally get to live this lifestyle. I am amazed though that you’re not bothered about having an internet connection for a couple of days. I would freak out!

4. Peter Carr says

The joys of working online, although i am not quite in the position to travel full time yet, i do spend a few months of the year in the Philippines and the rest of the time in the UK, where there is internet is were i will be.

Pete

My ultimate dream, and precisely what I am working towards. Very timely that I should find this, and thank for introducing me to another great blog.

being a mother of four, i always wanted to work even at home. that’s why i looked for jobs online coz i believe it would best fit my status as of right now. and it’s working!

I like your ideas. I am an Internet Addicted and I love my work too. I think it is very important to love what you are doing. I am working with flash components and I am fascinated about these things. Every day I find something new and interesting in my work.

I also work online, I am from Ukraine and now I am living in France. It is amazing. If you want to see the Paris I can offer you some Ideas of good restaurants, museum..etc. I realized a flash website with these things.

I enjoy reading your travelogues and like how you mix in some biz stuff too.

I look forward to seeing you again (possibly in Vegas), and do post lots of great pics once you’re back!

Funny how words can change you mood.

I came down stairs this morning feeling very stressed and then I read your post Rosalind and everything felt a bit calmer – I think it was the bit about ‘crafting a guitar in India’ that did it!

And then the beauty of your article was that much as I enjoyed it as a stand alone read, ultimately it is a sales pitch and I think that is truly masterful!

David

Great post – I also have a love of travel and it’s great having my own online business that runs in the background while I’m away. I wish I could just persuade my husband to have an internet business too, then we could travel more often, or at least spend the summer somewhere with better weather than Scotland!

Suzanne

Wish I was doing anything I wanted to do, you are very lucky.

Right now I am doing as you said, being true to myself and others, trying to provide lots of value for free, the money is certainly not rolling in, but I am really happy with how I am progressing.

I look forward to the webinar and hope you enjoy your camping trip,

Speak soon, Sally :)

Thanks for sharing about your life and how it IS possible to have the life you want and make money even while you’re living your dream.

14. Nikki Ritter says

I’m happy to say that I am living this dream too. I am typing from my new camper and enjoying a nice cool mountain breeze. The camper was paid for in cash with money I earned as an Affiliate Manager. With a Verizon air card and a generator I have very few limitations on where I can go camping and still work. Since I prefer “dry camping” to campgrounds this is great news for me. Oh and did I mention that everything I know I learned from Ros? Yeah, she’s a rock start like that. LOL :-)

“He discovered what I’ve learned as well – that you get where you want to be by doing what you want to do – not by waiting for the money to roll in or chasing money. The money WILL come if you are true to yourself and others.”

Loved that Ros! I believe that too and teach my team that theory. My job travels anywhere I go and I help people all over the US. By giving and serving the money will follow.

Natalie Jo