Social Promote: Where Clickbank Meets Facebook

PLEASE NOTE: This function is no longer available on Clickbank.

So, you’re touring around the Clickbank Marketplace looking for a good product to promote and you find one that you like.

Before you grab the product hoplink and paste it into your full-scale review of the product, look for the Facebook “Like” button and give it a click as shown in the screenshot below.

When you hit the “Like” button, ClickBank will automatically generate a HopLink to the product and post it to your Facebook profile as shown in the next screenshot.

If any of your friends make a purchase after clicking your link, you earn the affiliate commission!

NOTE: To earn affiliate commissions, you must be logged in to your ClickBank account before clicking the Like button. ClickBank will not retroactively credit any sales resulting from links created when you are not logged in to your ClickBank account.

Comments

I seems like a very good idea but it is something that will not work for everyone. My friends on Facebook may not take to kindly to that but then I won’t know until I try it.

• TxCHLInstructor says

Wayne, you can have as many FB accounts as you have email addresses. I have 3 FB accounts myself, one for my main business, a personal account, and one for interaction with other Lions club members. However, 3 is about the max you can maintain without making it a full-time job, and I’m not interested in letting either FB or Twitter run my life.

Ros,

What a cool idea! I logged into my CB account and clicked the “Like” button which then showed that 149 people liked the product/listing. But I didn’t see anything happen on my Facebook account at all.

Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Thanks.

Sheryl

• Ventura Jr says

Ma’am! i have discovered this link through surfing, and it aroused my interest in it. i have my facebook account, and i just created my clickbank account, how can i link my hoplinks to my facebook account, i don’t have a my own website so i’m planning to start it with facebook before opening a website

Well that’s a new one on me! I am just looking into facebook ads right now so everything I can pick up re. Facebook is welcome.

Tx Ros

Alex

I’m not sure I have enough “friends” to make much difference (I have not been seriously pursuing any of the FaceBook strategies yet — and doesn’t FaceBook limit “friends” anyway?), but I’ll bet this makes for high-quality backlinks. Not sure how I would test that, but I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Hi Eunice,

Too funny! My friends already know that if I recommend a product to them that I’ll make a commission. I often split it with them so they get a break on the purchase. :-)

Hi Kim,

Thanks kindly for the “Like”. Let me know if you’d like to LIKE our new Rosalind Gardner’s Academy course as well (via Facebook… and have I got a deal for YOU!). The program is whitelisted. :-)

Hmm… THAT’s a really good question, Stephen. I’ll have to look into how that works or why it works… as I assume it MUST work with the FTC or Clickbank wouldn’t have done it. :-)

I’ve been a bit confused by thiis feature of Clickbank. I know you have to be logged into your Clickbank account when you press the like button, but how does that access your Facebook account? I don’t see how it can pass that info to your wall if it doesn’t have an app set up or your username/pw. Is there a section in Clickbank for you to enter that info, like you would to link aweber to Facebook or Twitter?

What an awesome tip. Thanks Rosalind! There’s so much to learn and so many tricks we can pick up everyday. I have a file the size of my tax returns with all the info!

Ros – love your ideas/articles. Question I have is how do we get our business facebook page to “like” things. I can get the like to come over on the personal page but how do I get it to the business page? Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

Sandy

7. Oris WilliamsF1 says

8. Oris WilliamsF1 says

9. walter says

i logged into my clickbank account but it didnt show the facebook “like” what do i have to do

10. James Staples VI says

Please; throw me a bone here. I am desperate to begin earning money. My wife has no kidneys and is on hemodialysis, i am disabled and have to be her 24/7 service. I have not paid my house or vehicle taxes in 2 year and am fittin to loose them both. I have spent all day trying to find the ‘Clickbank Social Promote’ so I can use the ‘Like’ button; to at least getmy line cast in the water. I cannot find it! Is it gone? Is all the info I am telling me to go there outdated and not telling me? I can’t find anything telling me anything on my clickbank acct. AND I cannot even get a hoplink to post anywhere either.

Hi James,

Looks like Clickbank may have removed that feature.

As for getting hoplinks, you click the Promote button on a product from within the Marketplace and it will open a new window with your link. You need to be logged in first, though.

I am in click bank and i didnt eanr even 1 rupes. i wana to ask u how to add facebook like button in click bank. and how to earn with facebook..plz tell me.