Step it Up: Sell Real Products on Amazon

It has always been my hope that my affiliate marketing students will take what they learn from me and eventually grow their online businesses to include selling their own products.

1. First, you learn to sell other peoples’ products,
  2. then you learn to sell your own, and finally;
  3. the BIG bonus — you get other people to sell YOUR products. :-)

One of the best places to start selling real products online is through Amazon – something I’ve been doing for years with my Super Affiliate Handbook. My other book is marketed on Amazon through its publisher McGraw-Hill. Both products contribute nicely to my income.

Actually, I’ve been rather slack in not producing the Kindle version yet… but I’m sure that would be another nice income supplement. :-)

And remember, Amazon isn’t just about books – they market everything, almost everywhere.

Did you know that of Amazon’s $60 Billion in annual revenue 41% of that (over $25 Billion each year) is produced by entrepreneurs selling products within Amazon’s web site?

Perhaps, best of all for my affiliate marketing students, is that those who are ineligible to join the Amazon affiliate program are more than welcome to become Amazon entrepreneurs.

Two guys who are doing very well as Amazon entrepreneurs are Matt Clark & Jason Katzenback — who earn over $100,000 profit each and every month by selling real products on Amazon.

A few days ago they released a video in which they discuss the opportunity, show how they are doing on Amazon and just how scalable the business is. You can watch the video here. (There is no opt-in email required, however you do have to submit your address if you want to take advantage of their PDF offer – which I suggest you do).

Their 2nd video answers the most-asked question about selling real products online… “What the heck will I sell?”.

They show you how to find golden opportunities on Amazon, what people are looking to buy with little competition, as well as how to find and deal with suppliers. They also manage to prove that the process is easier than you probably think it is.

I highly recommend that you watch both videos.

You’ll learn about the marketing model as well as mistakes to be avoided and building your own brand.

Yes, this is a pre-promo for their upcoming course, The Amazing Selling Machine (yet another name that makes me gag a little). But if selling real products appeals to you, this might be the right course at the right time… it WAS endorsed by one of my original online business mentors, John Reese.

John liked the original version of this Amazon selling course so much that he lent his extraordinary skills to Matt and Jason to help with development and production of the product.

And to me… that’s a HUGE endorsement.

So, check out the video and their main page and let me know what you think.

Comments

Matt and Jason’s pre-launch videos are an incredible goldmine of information. Jim Cockrum (yes….Silent Sales Machine Jim LOL!) has a competing Amazon selling course out in the market, and like Matt’s course, it seems to be producing great results for his students.

I don’t own either, but from everything I have read and heard, both are equally good, with the only differentiation being the price point! Jim’s is $99, and I think Matt’s is about a grand….(I could be wrong).

Suggestion to Ros: Why don’t you save us, (Your loyal fans/readers), some time and money by purchasing both and doing a comparison review? :)

Hi Michael,

Glad you appreciate the content in Matt and Jason’s videos.

As for Jim’s product – I wasn’t aware that he even had one. On checking I see that it is $347.

Hard to say whether both are “equally good” unless you’ve reviewed both personally. As for my reviewing both – I might, but it won’t be anytime soon… way too much on the go.

As always, folks should remember that there’s always a refund policy on these products.

Ros, Thanks for the heads-up on this one. Looks like a whole bunch of people are ‘recommending’ this course. Don’t know if you have actually looked at it yourself or done any of this kind of marketing…. you probably don’t need to…. but would be interested in your ‘first-hand’ experience with it if and when you do. It is like so much on the internet now you have to dig down and find little weird products or niches to uncover a good market. I remember you said a while back that if your were going to start a dating site again you would do the same thing. Once upon-a-time it was OK to be a generalist but not any more. :) Graham

Hi Graham,

Actually, if I were starting a dating site now, I’d definitely stick to a very narrow niche or two that are combined. So, yes, I agree, being a generalist is a tough row to hoe.

You should really sell your book Kindle version. I sell way more versions on my book on Kindle than in paperback.

4. Paulette says

Ros,

I am a total newbie to Affiliate Marketing and IM and was wonderin’- if an affiliate chooses to promote a product and actually purchases such, would the affiliate get a commission?

Hi Paulette,

That depends on the merchant or network. Some allow it while most others do not.

For example, Clickbank forbids ordering products through your own HopLink. If you do so, your account may be suspended from receiving payments for any of your sales.

We understand that you would like a discount on products you wish to promote, but ordering through your own HopLink is not acceptable and ordering through your own link will cause your account to remain unpaid, even if you do meet the CDR (Customer Distribution Requirement).

Be sure to check the network or merchant’s policies before you do so.

Hi James,

Sorry about that! Their Membership is now currently full. I recommend “The Proven Amazon Course” as a good alternative.

SURVEY RESULTS: In early 2013 we surveyed all PAC students to see how their businesses were doing.

Among those working this business model for 10 hours per week or more (a solid approach that we suggest), the average monthly check from Amazon was $10,153 & the average hours worked per week was 26. Gross hourly: $74 Net hourly: $39 Average time before they started seeing sales was 2.95 weeks.

Conclusion: The AVERAGE ‘Proven Amazon Course’ student has approximately the equivalent income of an $80K per year job within a few weeks of applying the steps we outline in our course. They work part-time (26 hours on average) in achieving these results.

I’ m definitly interested in selling on amazon one day and I saw the videos, all 4 of them. Very, very interesting… then they came out with the price, wow! Very brave of them. And far too high for me, not willing to spend so much money on products :-),
    Cheers Chris

Hi Daisy,

I can now recommend “The Proven Amazon Course” as a good alternative.