Successful vs. Unsuccessful People

A friend of mine posted this image to Facebook and I thought it was so true that I wanted to share it with you all as motivation for success in 2013.

Listed are the characteristics of both successful and unsuccessful people.

Successful people:

• Compliment
  • Forgive others
  • Accept responsibility for their futures
  • Keep a journal
  • Want others to succeed
  • Keep a “to-be” list
  • Set goals and develop life plans
  • Continuously learn
  • Operate from a tranformational perspective
  • Keep – to-do / project list
  • Hoarde information and data
  • Embrace change
  • Exude joy
  • Exchange information and data
  • Talk about ideas
  • Read everyday
  • Give other people credit for their victories
  • Have a sense of gratitude
  • Exchange information and data
  • Talk about ideas
  • Read everyday
  • Give other people credit for their victories
  • Have a sense of gratitude

On the other hand, unsuccessful people tend to:

• Criticize
  • Hold a grudge
  • Blame others for their failures
  • Say they keep a journal but don’t
  • Think they know it all
  • Operate from a transactional perspective
  • Secretly hope others fail
  • Don’t know what they want to be
  • Never set goals
  • Exude anger
  • Talk about people
  • Fly by the seat of their pants
  • Fear change
  • Take all the credit of their victories
  • Have a sense of entitlement

I recognize these statements as being SOooo true.

Do you see aspects of yourself in both of these lists?

If so, moving from one list to another isn’t all that difficult…. you just need to decide to change your attitude.

To your success in 2013 and Happy New Year!

Practice secrets used by millionaires
P.S. If you want or need some more motivation and inspiration to succeed, check out this free program by Brian Tracy – one of the GREAT success mentors that I’ve been following for decades. :-)

Comments

All very true. Were some of the successful characteristics repeated to highlight them? lol

I’m still working on many of the unsuccessful characteristics but without becoming a Buddha over night, it’s a tricky task. Although a very worth while one. I’d like to highlight a few of the best characteristics IMO to aid progress. So often, not being able to brings these into a persons perspective can be extremely restricting and narrows the senses.

Continuously learn
    Operate from a transformational perspective
    Embrace change

All the best to everyone in the new year. I sincerely wish it to be a good one for us all :)

I have missed you. Thanks for the great post…it’s time for some motivation! 2012 sucked.
    Have a wonderful year!
    All the best,
    Lisa

I definitely had traits from both lists which makes the information doubly important to me. I put the information into a powerpoint slide and posted on my facebook page. Thanks!

4. John Sefton says

Hello Rosalind.
    I just read the latest email that you sent to me about the difference between successful and unsucessful people.You know when something like that is pointed out it can really stir the grey sells into life.I am guilty of some of the failings,at the same time i have a desire to succeed,however the problem for me is in trying to strike a balance between reading what is relevant and becoming bogged down with information overload.I have all kinds of pdf information on affiliate and internet marketing including your very own super affiliate hand book,also, ebay and amazon.I know that i will never read all of it,sometimes i feel like deleting all of it and starting over,but i just can`t do that because i don`t want to get rid of the good information that is in there.I suppose it boils down to a lack of concentration.
    John Sefton.

5. Cee says

This is so true Ros. I admit when I was younger I tended to fall more into the negative category. I guess at the time I didn’t know any better, only that it didn’t feel very good and didn’t lead to positive results. I’ve since radically changed my habits and thinking around and it has made an incredible difference in my life. It’s a much better way to live!

I’m a mixture of the two sides and will work to change those couple of character flaws that are holding me back. Thanks for sharing this!

Thank you for this. I rarely leave a comment but had not had an email from Ros lately and thought I might have been dropped from your list. Please don’t! I love your insights. Happy New Year

8. Mohammad says

Really liked what you had to say in your post, Successful vs. Unsuccessful People, thanks for the good read!
    — Mohammad

Thanks Ros,you know what that posts like these is what keeps me motivated,thanks for a great post and have a great one this year!